Customer Service FAQ - Shipping and Returns
- Shipping & Delivery
- Items are generally processed and shipped within 24 hours. Express shipments such as 2-day and overnight shipments always go out the same day as long as cut-off time is met. Weekend orders will be processed on the next normal working day. 99% of our items are in stock at our facility, though a few of our larger items are shipped directly from the manufacturer (e.g. co-sleepers, high chairs, etc.).
The cut off time for Next Day orders is around 3:00 PM EST. Orders placed later than 3:00 p.m. may not go out until the following day. Keep in mind orders placed on Friday after 3:00 p.m. will not go out until Monday. Overnight orders placed before cutoff on Friday will be delivered on Monday.
Free Shipping is currently available for customers in the Continental US. When $75 of product is added to the cart an option for Free Shipping will appear as a selection. The ship-time for this method in most instances will range from 3-8 business days.
- APO/FPO - We do ship to APO/FPO. Please be advise our standard method may not necessarily reach you in the 2-10 range. This is especially true for heavier packages that are shipped by Parcel Post as these are sent by boat rather than air. If you would like priority mail, please choose that method at checkout.
- Local Customers & In-Store Pickup
- Local residents in the Bloomington, Indiana area can opt to place orders online and use our Free in-store pickup option at checkout. This can also be utilized for buying gifts off of a registry for local families. Please leave us some notes with your order as to who and when the order will be picked up. The items will be ready for pickup just minutes after your online order during normal business hours: Monday-Friday 10-5:30, Saturday 10-4, Sunday 12-4.
- Privacy & Security
- We do not sell or distribute private information. All information collecting during the ordering or account setup process will be used for that and only that. We are secured by 128 bit SSL so that you're information remains private. We process credit cards through Authorize.net, one of the most trusted names in e-commerce transaction processing.
- Returns & Replacements
- Returns will be accepted for 30 days from date of purchase. Items must be returned in re-sellable condition. No returns on washed or used diapers, diaper accessories, or nursing accessories. If a non-returnable item is defective, we will assist you in in getting help from the manufacturer. It will be at their discretion if the defect falls within their own warranty rules.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for return authorization.
Free shipping items will only be shipped free again if you received an item by error. If you purchase an item and decide after receiving it that you want a different color, we will be happy to replace it, but the shipping will be your responsibility both ways (actual shipping charges, flat rates do not apply).
A 10% Restocking Fee may be applied to returns that were shipped with Free Shipping. If you are returning less than 75% of your order total and/or you paid for shipping at the time of initial order, you will not be charged a restocking fee. This is only to help us keep our shipping rates low for all customers. This rule becomes applicable once the order is marked shipped/complete whether or not the items have physically left our facility.
- Gift Registry Returns are eligible for store credit only. Refunds will only be issued to the original gift buyer with a physical or electronic copy of their receipt. No exceptions.
- Flash Sale Cancellations: From time to time authorized sales are announced to The Green Nursery by the Manufacturers only minutes before a sale begins. In this case we may announce a sale at any given time on certain products. If your order has been placed prior to the announcement, the sale price will not apply. We do not reimburse past or pending orders. Requests to cancel the order in regards to the sale, will incur a 10% re-stocking fee. A typical case scenario where this fee would apply is as follows: Customer service is contacted requesting reimbursment for the the sale price. Customer service replies that we do not apply sale prices to past or pending orders. Customer replies back asking to then cancel the order.