Original Moby Wrap
The design of the Moby Wrap uses your entire back, as well as your shoulders, to carry the weight of your baby. Unlike other carriers, which have narrow straps or go across one shoulder, the Moby Wrap is a wide piece of fabric that is wrapped over both shoulders. It is amazingly comfortable and easy to wear. There are no buckles, snaps or other fasteners. It is easy to adjust the fit of your Moby Wrap by varying how tightly you wrap yourself and your baby.
The Moby Wrap comes with an easy to follow instructional guide and this web site with the latest news, tips and techniques. With the single stretch cotton and the width of the Moby Wrap, your baby is wrapped close and tight, ensuring a secure hold. Your baby s head can also be secured under the stretchy cotton fabric for added safety. You can finally have both hands free and know your baby is safe and secure.
Be uniquely close to your baby
There is not a lot of extra material or bulky padding between you and your baby. Your baby can hear your heartbeat and finds comfort in the warmth of your body,and sound of your heartbeat within the cuddly confines of the Moby Wrap.
Preemie to 35 lbs.
The Moby Wrap is an optimal baby carrier for premature infants. Preemies are often prescribed to practice "kangaroo care" and this skin-to-skin practice used to increase birth weight can be easily achieved while wearing the Moby Wrap. The Moby Wrap is long enough to adapt to your growing baby. The fabric can hold up to 45 lbs, and most people feel comfortable carrying up to 35 lbs.
Soothes fussy babies
It is amazing how quickly a baby will settle down once wrapped in the Moby Wrap. Experts like Dr. Sears, stress the importance of holding your baby often and close. The Moby Wrap allows you to do this with ease. The style of the wrap insures your baby is uniquely close, while providing ultimate comfort and support. No more aching backs or tired arms! Now your baby can be kept close and happy for as long as he or she desires.
There are many ways to wear your Moby Wrap. You can wear your baby facing you, facing the world, sideways or on your back. When not being used as a carrier, the Moby can be used as blanket, pillow or anything else that comes to mind.
The Moby Wrap is easy to clean. You can machine wash your Moby in cold water and tumble dry low. Slight shrinkage after washing may occur. Once you start wearing your Moby again, it will stretch out.
- I was given the Moby Wrap. I wasn't a fan at first, I was scared b/c of the complicated design. I finally got the wrap down but I couldn't get it to stay on my body right. I didn't like the bulkiness of it. Also, it's not fun stuffing it in something to keep it clean.
not for us
- I wanted to love the Moby so much! When my son was really little, he didn't care for it. Now that he's okay with it, I can just never seem to wrap it tight enough no matter what I do. I always feel like he's flopping backwards. We use it, but I never feel truly hands-free.
I don't get it
- I know people love this, and I have tried to love it many times. I find it really difficult to get on-it basically looks like a really long, narrow sheet that is cumbersome to get on. Also, my baby has never been a fan.
- My woby wrap was a life saver for the first 3 months! I wore my daughter throughout the day when I tried to get any house work done! It also helped me excerise with my daughter! I would walk 4 miles daily with her in the moby wrap. She took a nap and I got excerise!
Great, but didn't get enough use
- I could never get the wrap quite riight. It always sat kind of unevenly, and I was worried my son would fall out. It eventually got too cold to leave the house and I didn't drive, so I stopped using it. She. I did use it, my son would drop RIGHT to sleep in it. A few times he was extremely tired, but wouldn't go to sleep. I put him in this, took a walk around the block and he'd be out for two hours. Life saver. If I just walked holding him, it didn't have the same effect and he'd hurt my back. Not a problem with this. I wish I had gotten the wrap right on the shoulders!