Sort and Count Toy
- This toy is designed to challenge children's sorting and counting skills. As a safety precaution all the rods are collapsible.
- Sorting or arranging the balls freely will help develop logical thinking and form the foundation to conceptual thinking skill.
- Let children count the balls by the colors and sort it to the height provided in each rod; this will help children develop fine motor skill and eye-hand coordination.
- While playing, elders should teach about counting, numeration, comparison (more than, less than etc) and mathematical vocabulary. This forms the foundation to basic mathematics.
- Parents should praise children when they can do it and advice if they are not able to do so.