Qty discounts & Baby Bucks Earnings visible in cart.
The Green Nursery Ecological Profile
The Green Nursery strives to live up to its Green name. We believe we are the most ecologically sound company in our industry. Additionally we value our employees and offer above average wages and health insurance benefits for full time employees.
- Recycled and recyclable packing materials
- 100% recycling of all recyclable materials at our shipping facility
- Strict criteria for sourcing which brands will we carry based on fabric compositions and manufacturing facilities and labor practices
- 100% recycled post consumer waste paper used for packing slips
- Above average wages for comparable positions in our industry
- Health Insurance available for full time employees
We strive to be a socially equitable company. Our employees are given the schedueles they determine to fit their lifestyles. We employ a lot of mothers, so often work with them to provide the hours that will work with their parenting schedule so they can provide income without having to offset it by paying for daycare. We put family time first, and do not force employees to work when life situations occur.
Further, we are locally commited through yearly donations to Sycamore Land Trust as well as Mother Hubbard's Cupboard. Co-founder, Abby Noroozi, has worked on the board for Sycamore Land Trust and still currently serves as a board member for Mother Hubbard's Cupboard. Co-founder, Scott Noroozi, worked for years in the natural food industry with organic and raw foods at Marietta based Life Grocery.