Storing Cloth Diapers: A Survey
May 20, 2013 8:00:00 AM EDT
Are you trying to figure out the logistics of cloth diaper storage that work for your home and lifestyle? We asked our customers where they store their clean and dirty diapers, to give you just a few ideas!
- Woven Basket
- Laundry basket (unfolded)
- A bin of some sort (storage cubes from IKEA and from 31 were mentioned specifically)
- Drying rack
- Stacked on Baby's dresser
- Wetbag (hanging or on the floor)
- Garbage can or diaper pail with washable liner/wetbag, or with a garbage bag or inexpensive semi-waterproof bag
- Plastic bin
- 5 gallon bucket with a lid
Funny enough, it never even occurred to me to store our diapers in a drawer, and that was the number one most frequent answer!
Locations of the clean and dirty also varied. Clean diapers can be found in a bedroom, in the living room, wherever the changing table is, or in the bathroom. Dirties can be found in the laundry room, next to a changing table, and in the bathroom.
The brand name most commonly mentioned was the Planet Wise large hanging wet/dry bag, but the Rumparooz pail liner and the Grovia Perfect Pail also got some love!
I also have a deep appreciation for anyone who leaves their diapers in the laundry basket or on the drying rack. Because, really, they're all going to be right back there in a few days anyway!