CBG - The Lesser Known Miracle Cannabinoid
Shop our store.
Jump over to our homepage and check out our selection of legal THC, CBD and other cannabis products.
Cannabigerol (CBG) is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid that is found in the hemp plant. CBG is a unique cannabinoid that is attracting more and more attention for its potential health benefits. In this article, we will take a closer look at CBG and explore its properties, benefits, and how it is obtained.
I. What is CBG?
It is a lesser-known cannabinoid that is found in the hemp plant. Unlike THC, CBG is non-psychoactive, which means that it does not produce the “high” that is typically associated with marijuana. Instead, CBG is attracting more and more attention for its potential health benefits.
II. Why CBG is Special
CBG is special because it is considered to be the “parent” molecule of all other cannabinoids, including THC and CBD. CBG is the precursor to these other cannabinoids, and as the hemp plant matures, the CBG levels decrease as the levels of other cannabinoids, such as THC and CBD, increase.
This makes CBG a unique cannabinoid that is attracting more and more attention for its potential health benefits. In order to fully understand the potential benefits of CBG, it is important to understand how it is obtained
III. Obtaining CBG: Organic Extraction Methods
While it can be obtained from any cannabis plant such as CBD Flower, there are specifically grown strains that are high in CBG where it is best obtained from.
- CBG is obtained from the hemp plant, and it is typically extracted using a process known as CO2 extraction. This method is considered to be one of the most effective and safe methods for extracting CBD and other cannabinoids, including CBG.
- CO2 extraction involves the use of pressurized carbon dioxide to extract the desired compounds from the hemp plant. The process begins by grinding the hemp plant material into a fine powder. This material is then placed into a machine that uses high pressure and low temperatures to extract the desired compounds. The result is a highly concentrated extract that contains the desired cannabinoids, including CBG.
- The use of CO2 extraction is preferred for a number of reasons. First, CO2 extraction is considered to be safe and effective because it does not use any harmful solvents, such as butane or propane, which can leave residual chemicals in the final product. Additionally, CO2 extraction is a clean and efficient process that results in a high-quality extract that is free from contaminants.
- Organic extraction methods are important because they ensure that the final product is free from any harmful chemicals or contaminants. Additionally, organic methods are preferred by consumers who are looking for a more natural and environmentally friendly alternative to traditional extraction methods.
IV. The Special Properties of CBG
CBG is a unique cannabinoid that has a range of potential benefits. While more research is needed to fully understand the effects of CBG, early studies suggest that it may have several beneficial properties. Here are the top 5 potential benefits of CBG:
- Anti-inflammatory and Pain-Relieving Effects: CBG has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties, which may help to reduce swelling and discomfort. Additionally, CBG has also been found to have pain-relieving effects, which may help to reduce pain and discomfort. This makes CBG a promising option for people who are looking for a natural way to manage their pain.
- Antibacterial Properties: CBG has been shown to have antibacterial properties, which may help to fight off harmful bacteria. This is important because some bacteria are resistant to antibiotics, and CBG may be a valuable alternative to traditional antibiotics.
- Anti-tumor Properties: CBG has been found to have anti-tumor properties, which means that it may be able to help prevent the growth of tumors. More research is needed to fully understand the effects of CBG on tumors, but early studies are promising.
- Neuroprotective Properties: CBG has also been found to have neuroprotective properties, which means that it may be able to help protect the brain from damage. This is important because brain damage can lead to a range of neurological conditions, such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and multiple sclerosis.
- Glaucoma Relief: CBG has been found to have potential benefits for people with glaucoma, a condition that causes increased pressure in the eye and can lead to vision loss. CBG has been found to lower eye pressure, making it a promising option for people with glaucoma.
It’s worth noting that while these potential benefits are promising, more research is needed to fully understand the effects of CBG. Additionally, CBG should not be used as a substitute for traditional medical treatments, and it is always important to speak with your doctor before using CBG or any other natural supplement.
V. Why People Love CBG
CBG is a unique cannabinoid that is attracting more and more attention for its potential health benefits. People love CBG because it is a non-psychoactive option that provides a range of potential health benefits. Additionally, people also love CBG because it is typically obtained using safe and effective organic extraction methods, which ensures that the final product is free from harmful chemicals and contaminants.
VI. Trusted Vendors of CBG Hemp Flower
If you are interested in trying CBG, it is important to choose a trusted vendor. Some of the trusted vendors of CBG hemp flower include The Green Nursery. The Green Nursery is a reputable vendor that offers high-quality CBG hemp flower that is grown using organic methods and extracted using CO2 extraction.
In conclusion, CBG is a unique cannabinoid that is attracting more and more attention for its potential health benefits. While more research is needed to fully understand the effects of CBG, early studies suggest that it may have several beneficial properties, including anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving effects, antibacterial properties, anti-tumor properties, neuroprotective properties, and glaucoma relief. People love CBG because it is a non-psychoactive option that is typically obtained using safe and effective organic extraction methods. If you are interested in trying CBG, make sure to check out our selections of CBG flower such as White CBG.
- "CBG-Rich Hemp Oil Shows Promise for Treating Pain and Inflammation." (2019). Project CBD.
- "Antibacterial activity of cannabigerol against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus." (2015). Future Microbiology.
- "Cannabigerol is a novel, well-tolerated appetite stimulant in pre-satiated rats." (2010). British Journal of Pharmacology.
- "Neuroprotective properties of cannabigerol in Huntington's disease: studies in R6/2 mice and 3-nitropropionic acid-treated striatal slices." (2013). Neurotoxicity Research.
- "The effect of cannabigerol on intraocular pressure in glaucoma patients." (2010). International Journal of Neuroscience.
Check out these customer favorites.